Please see the tips below from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
With three named storms in the Atlantic, now is the time to prepare. We’ve got a few tips for you:
* Move feed, fertilizer and pesticides out of low-lying areas.
* Make sure paperwork is also moved from buildings that could be flooded.
* Clear debris from ditches to help water move freely.
* Review insurance policies.
* Secure propane tanks so they don’t float away.
* Make sure all animals have durable and visible identification.
* Ensure poultry have access to high areas to perch.
* Prepare a go-kit for your family and your pets.
For more, go to: http://ncagr.gov/disaster