Are old tires, appliances, outdated computers, unused paint and household chemicals cluttering up your life? Clean up your environment while protecting our environment! Load up and head out to Clean & Green in High Point to take advantage of convenient, safe and environmentally friendly disposal for FREE!
All City of High Point and Guilford County residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste, electronic waste, pesticides, tires and appliances for free at the 2017 Clean & Green in High Point, to be held Saturday, May 20th from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Staff from the City of High Point and Guilford County will be ready to collect these waste items at the High Point University Community Center (East Hartley Drive Entrance) 921 Eastchester Drive, High Point. In addition, this year’s Clean & Green will feature free document shredding – limit of 4 file boxes per vehicle please! The event is open to all Guilford County residents. Business waste is not accepted through this program.
The City of High Point and Guilford County Planning and Development are partnering with other agencies to offer this safe, free and environmentally sound way for residents to dispose of many types of regulated waste they have in their homes. The event is part of the County’s environmental awareness campaign: “For PETE’s Sake Recycle!” By participating in Clean & Green 2017, residents keep valuable commodities and toxic materials out of our landfills, ensuring they will be reused or recycled instead.
Residents can drop-off the following items:
- White goods (appliances – stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, washers, air conditioners, etc.)
- Pesticides and plastic pesticide containers that have been tripled-rinsed
- Paint and supplies
- Antifreeze, motor oil, cleaners, batteries, household and garden chemicals, compact fluorescent bulbs and other types of household hazardous waste
- E-waste, including computers, televisions, electronic games and toys, cell phones and any other household items with an electronic chip or plug
- Personal and financial documents to be shredded – limit 4 file boxes per vehicle please!
All electronic waste collected at the event will be recycled safely and securely by Synergy Recycling, the County’s R2 certified local contractor, located just north of Guilford County in Madison, NC. Document shredding will be provided onsite by ProShred Security, which specializes in providing secure records storage and onsite shredding services.
This event is sponsored by the City of High Point, Guilford County Planning and Development, High Point University, and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture.
To view the event flyer click here.