How do I get a copy of my child’s immunization record? How much does it cost?

You can request a copy of your child’s immunization record by calling GCDPH at 336-641-5543. The copy will be provided free of charge.

Is there a translation service available for immunization records?

Yes. You may call 336-641-5563 for information regarding translation of immunization records. There is no charge for this service.

Is a scheduled appointment required for immunizations or can I walk in?

Although not required, appointments are strongly encouraged. This allows us to prepare for your visit in advance, therefore offering you a more time efficient service.

Is it safe to give my child more than one immunization shot per visit?

Extensive studies have demonstrated that giving several vaccine injections on the same visit is just as safe as giving one at a time. The risk of side effects is not higher with administration of multiple injections and the immune response for the child is equal.

Are immunization vaccines covered by my health insurance?

Most insurance carriers do cover immunization vaccines, but coverage varies.  You should check with your insurance carrier or you may call our Billing Unit at 336-641-5947.
We do accept co-payments at time of service if applicable.

What side effects can I expect from immunization vaccines?

Commonly experienced side effects include mild or low-grade fever, rash, redness and soreness at the injection site. Side effects may vary. You should consult your health care provider prior to receiving the vaccine about possible side effects.

Locations and directions for Public Health

You may find locations and directions on the Department of Health website by clicking here.



How do I know if my child's immunization record is up to date?

This requires evaluation of your child’s individual immunization record which you should be able to obtain from your doctor.

I am working on a paper for school about childhood illnesses. Does the Health Department have any information that will help me?

Guilford County Department of Public Health produces a wide variety of “fact sheets” on various health topics. These fact sheets along with a list of reputable websites for health information are located on our website, under Health Information A-Z.

I am looking for a guest speaker for my civic club. Does the Health Department have individuals who can provide a group presentation or a booth at a health fair?

Yes, the Health Department has staff members that speak on a variety of health issues to groups, both small and large, and provide booths at events like health fairs. For more information, please go to the Education and Training section of the Health Department website home page or you may call 336-641-7777 to be directed to the appropriate person.

Can my child’s health care provider give immunization vaccine shots?

Most health care providers that see children in Guilford County also receive vaccines from the State Immunization Branch.  They may charge an administration fee.  Please check with your health care provider to determine what is best for your circumstances.