- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Relations
- Training and Organization Development
- Classification and Compensation
- Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS)
The Human Resources Department:
- Promotes Guilford County as an employer of choice.
- Manages compliance procedures with internal rules, policies and regulations; and state, federal and local laws.
- Reviews and processes various human resources, timekeeping and payroll transactions.
- Develops and monitors the County’s annual health care budget*.
- Maintains required personnel records.
- Creates a variety of standardized and ad hoc reports in response to internal and external requests.
- Creates and analyzes statistical reports in response to requests from County Commissioners, departments,other governmental entities, and media.
Guilford County is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment regardless of color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The County is committed to complying with all applicable federal, state and local laws that pertain to employment, and to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination of any kind.
*Funding for group insurance premium expenses for retirees enrolled under the County’s Retiree Health Insurance Program is included within the Human Resources Departmental budget.