Guilford County Scrap Tire & White Goods Collection Facility
Location: 2138 Bishop Road, Greensboro, NC 27406
Facility Telephone: 336-294-9431
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
• You are entitled to dispose of 5 passenger vehicle tires per household per fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th) at no charge.
• You must pay a fee for each additional passenger vehicle tire, and for each heavy truck and off-road tire.
• Current disposal rates are $0.82 each for car and light truck tires, $4.19 each for heavy truck tires, and $0.0364/lb. for oversize tires (cash or checks only). Please ask for a receipt.
Scrap Tire Generators:
• Haul your own tires? Bring a copy of your current business license, along with your federal tax ID number, to the facility on your first visit.
• YOU are required to complete a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires.
• Haul your own tires? Fill out the Generator and Hauler portions of the Form.
• Contract with a hauler? Fill out the Generator portion of the form.
• Contract with a hauler? You MUST hire a hauler who is registered through the North Carolina Department of the Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR). A registered hauler will be able to provide you with a copy of his current registration certificate.
• Be prepared to provide state tax reporting/payment records, as well as tire sales/purchase records upon request. Proper documentation is required in order to dispose of your eligible tires at no charge.
Scrap Tire Haulers:
• Bring a copy of your current NCDENR scrap tire hauler registration certificate on your first visit to the facility.
• Fill out the Hauler portion of a Scrap Tire Certification Form for each load of tires you bring to the facility. The Generator portion of the form MUST be completed and signed by the Scrap Tire Generator.
• You must bring a copy of the current business license and federal tax ID number for each Scrap Tire Generator whose tires you bring to the facility for disposal.
• Tires not eligible for free disposal will be accepted for disposal along with the required fee.